Monday, August 12, 2013

My online Identity

Facebook is probably one digital foot-printing to be used in order to identify me. It has a list of my friends, address, and photos. It also lists my interest and like page, but as detailed as this sound I really don't care about my online presence as seen in this picture below. 

(I really don't like to post anything)

The concept of posting things is something I don't understand since Facebook would turn into a public online diary. First of all a diary is suppose to be a private collection for the writers eyes or something someone is to stumble upon once the author is dead. Secondly, an online page as popular as Facebook might not be the best place to write ones intimate thoughts regarding life and friendship. 

I very much value my privacy so I dislike it if I find stolen pictures of myself and judging from my Facebook album there are a lot since I dislike doing selfies.

(I had one because it was a class requirement)

Other things I enjoy doing in the internet is looking for internet humor like 9gag and hugelol but sad to say this sites practically lost its humor in the first 8 months it was created. Looking at this sites now actually makes me sad. Cracked.com still remains funny site with its sarcasm and interesting facts. 

The other thing I enjoy doing in the internet is checking updates and reviews such as movie updates from  IMDB and rottentomatoes. Personally I think IMDB rates by the overall movie while rottentomatoes rates like a teacher who tasks students to write reflection papers. Other sites visited are gamefaq and gamespot inorder to check new games but I don't play games much these days. I also visit yahoo for news and email updates. 

Other hobby I have over the internet is watching movies and series such as those found in animefreak.tv and movie2k.com. And I also listen to music, and watch comedy from youtube such as game-walkthrough, SMOSH and Video game Highschool from FreddieW.  

I use to enjoy mmorpg but using the school internet these sites are often blocked. I know there are ways like proxifier and such but it really is not worth the effort so I had to let go of the idea of playing any online games. Sometimes I have urges but I just have to keep myself occupied with comedy, humour and real-life. 

In online games I just remain anonymous and enjoy the task of killing people, hunting monster or interacting in sports. Games is a fun way to use the internet. I use to play level-up games such as KOS, Ragnarok, Rose online, crazy cart and Freestyle but dorm internet would not allow me because of the proxy set up.

I dislike how unserious my online presence is. I wish I was more informed like I want to enjoy movies more and actually memorize celebrity names. I want to listen to music and memorize the lyrics but am not like than. I really just watch thing online to pass the time. There is really no method on what sites I visit. It was usually recommended by a friend that is how I get hook to these stuff. I want to learn how to love these things with more zest and not see it as a way to past time. I want to be more sentimental about Social networking sites but I know I do not care for any of these.  

Perhaps this blog revealed to me why I only look for humour. It is because it is a raw human emotion that needs to attachment in order for me to feel it. It is a stimulation of excitement and happiness that is short-term. It doesn't need preparations just a small time for engagement.


Sources
www.my-diary.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment